Frequently Asked Questions
Buying and Returns
1. Where does the inventory come from?
Glad you asked! A few places actually. Our parent company, 4Wall Entertainment, is a nationwide theatrical and stage lighting rental company. Items marked as 'UsedLighting.com Owned' are items that have been professionally maintained in one of 4Wall's five nationwide locations. These items are constantly tested, cleaned, and updated to ensure the best performance on productions across the country!
We also carry items from our global community of site members. We broker quality items from production houses, churches, theatres and more. These items are listed as 'Sold by: Site Member'. Purchasing a brokered item is a great way to save, and we guarantee your purchase with a 48 hour inspection window.
2. Can I add items from both UsedLighting.com and NewLighting.com to my cart?
Yes! Feel free to add items from either site to your cart as you browse, you can purchase all your items in one single checkout process.
3. How will I be charged for shipping if my cart contains both new and used items?
Shipping on items from Newlighting.com inventory is a once per order $10 charge as long as the items are shipped in the continental United States. This applies no matter how many new items you purchase!
Shipping for UsedLighting.com items is calculated one of two ways:
- Some items are available for immediate purchase, those items will calculate a shipping cost in your shopping cart
- Other items, such as large items and brokered items from our site members, are not available for immediate purchase. When you 'submit a quote' for these items, you will not be charged for them. A member of our team will contact you with a shipping estimate, and you can complete your purchase at that time.
We will make every effort to ensure your order ships in as few shipments as possible and at the best possible rates!
4. What forms of payment are accepted?
We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Paypal. We also accept personal or company checks as well as wire transfers. For these types of payments however, orders will not be shipped until the funds are cleared.
5. When will I be charged state tax?
We collect tax on orders shipping to California, Florida, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington, & Washington DC. Have a re-sale certificate for one of those states? Just let us know and we'll credit the tax charged on your order.
6. What if I'm purchasing from outside the USA?
No problem! Go ahead and complete the checkout process, and your entire order will be submitted as a 'quote'. You won't be charged for anything right now! One of our agents will get in touch with you with a shipping estimate, and you will be able to complete your purchase at that time. (You will however be responsible for any taxes, duties, or fees associated with your purchase.)
7. What is the return policy?
UsedLighting.com and NewLighting.com guarantee your purchase against any incorrect shipments or defective items. To report an issue or schedule a return, please contact us or call our toll free number, 877-789-8167, during business hours (8 AM to 5 PM Pacific Time, M-F). If you need to return an item, please notify us within 48 hours of the receipt of the item. Please make sure the item has not been installed or modified, or we won't be able to accept it! Items must be returned to UsedLighting.com (or the site member, in the case of brokered items) in the original shipping container and with sufficient packing materials. In all cases, if we don't hear from you within 48 hours of receiving your item, we will be unable to provide a replacement or refund.
8. Could I be charged a re-stocking fee?
If you're returning a product for reasons other than damage or defect, you may be subject to a re-stocking fee.