The DMX splitter allows connection of DMX receivers (dimmers, color changers, moving lights, etc.) in a star configuration as opposed to a daisy chain configuration. In a star configuration, each control cable is run to a central point, in this case the splitter. In a daisy chain configuration all the devices are connected on one control cable, the output of one feeding the input of the next. It is not good practice to simply split a DMX control cable using a "wye" cable as this can cause signal corruption due to reflections. Typical uses of the splitter include splitting the control signal between stage right and stage left dimmers, running an isolated split to a string of color changers, splitting and isolating a feed to a wall outlet for temporary or rented dimmers, isolating a stack of dimmer packs from each other, etc.
Buying a brokered item like this is the perfect way to purchase hard to find equipment at a great price. This item has been inspected by a UsedLighting.com certified technician inside one of our locations and includes a full 30-Day Warranty!
- Input Signal: 0.2 volts minimum, 12 volts maximum
- Output Circuit: EIA-485 driver
- Connectors: Gold plated 5 pin Neutrik D-1 Series (3 pin connectors, terminal blocks, or RJ45 optional)
- Power input: 100 - 120 volts, 50/60 hertz
- Isolation: 2500 volt optical coupler, 1500 volt split bobbin transformer
- Outputs are isolated from each other
- Outputs are separately buffered
- No user adjustments
- DMX pinouts are printed on the splitter
- Powder coated 1/10" aluminum chassis
- Gold plated Neutrik 5 pin connectors
- All integrated circuits are socketed
- Uses 2500 Volt optical couplers
- Forty times faster than DMX data rate
Thinking of renting instead of purchasing? 4Wall Entertainment Lighting is a national leader in entertainment and theatrical lighting rentals. We feature five nationwide locations- Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Nashville, New York, and Washington DC- that provide lighting and rigging solutions for projects of any size. Request a rental quote on this item now and receive a response within one business day.
- (1) Doug Fleenor Isolated Splitter
- (1) Power Cord
All shipping, insurance, and freight handling charges are the responsibility of buyer and are not included in the purchase price.
See what customers are saying about us.